Let’s create a turtle using a recycled egg carton!
What you’ll need:
card stock paper
template (makes 2 turtles), download here
a clean, empty cardboard egg carton*
*Do not use egg cartons with children who have egg allergies.
1. Print out the template on white card stock paper.
2. Cut out the flippers and head. On a protected surface, colour them.
3. Cut out one of the cup sections out from the egg carton. Neaten the edges by trimming it evenly around the base. This will be your turtle’s shell. On a protected surface, paint the shell shape in green or blue tones and let it dry.
4. Fold the ends of the flippers up so they will tuck under the turtle’s shell, and secure them in place, applying some glue.
5. Draw eyes and a mouth onto the head shape, add some glue to stick it to the front of the turtle’s shell.
6. Your turtle is ready!